Sunday, March 14, 2010

24 hours without power.

What did I do?
  • Read a book
  • Turned the bathroom light on each and every time I went in.
  • Went to bed at a ridiculously early hour
  • Woke up at 3 am (because I went to bed at 8 pm)
  • Burned candles
  • Paced back and forth between the living room and the dining room about 800 times.
  • Called the power company to see when the power would go on. They hung up on me...
  • Had a long conversation with a neighbor who has lived next door to me for 7 years. This is the first time we've had an extended conversation.
  • Craved a cup of coffee
  • Pined for the Internet
  • Found out there was power in the next town over. Drove there and bought 2 large cups of coffee and hot food. Drove home with my goodies and found out the power was back on.

1 comment: