Saturday, July 21, 2012

Legs don't fail me now!

Took a great bike ride with the AMC club today. We started out at Allaire State Park and rode all the way out to the Jersey shore...Bel Mar to be precise. What a beautiful day! The complete trip was about 26 miles and included a lunch stop on benches that looked out over the crashing surf.

The water was rough and the waves crashed violently on the shore. Sun bathers were out in force and bikini-clad babes were everywhere (something the guys on the bike ride appreciated).

The clouds were huge and fluffy and the temp was in the upper 70s. After a week of 100 degree temps, the low temperatures were a welcome relief.

At times, the ride reminded me of when my brother John and I used to ride our bikes (somewhat recklessly) through the town where we grew up. He was in charge of me--his baby sister. I suspect our mother never knew the extent of our daily rides, which of course, made the rides even more exciting. We dodged traffic and rode as far as we could.  All my mother knew was that we were home safe and sound by the time she got home from work. For all she knew, we had spent the afternoon watching the Roadrunner and the Flintstones.

Good times then. Good times today. Thanks to my trusty bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment