Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mistaken Identity or Who the Heck is Judy?

I went to a local restaurant to meet a friend of mine for lunch a few days ago. When I entered the restaurant, a guy sitting at the bar pointed to me and waved hello. I smiled and said hello back--I'm friendly like that.

As I looked around for my friend, the guy persisted and asked if I was looking for him. "Are you J....." I thought he said my name and I said yes and then thought perhaps I had met him elsewhere.

After a few seconds, I decided I definitely did not know this guy and I began to shake my head vigorously. "I'm not the person you're looking for."

But again, he implored, "are you J..." Again, I nodded yes, but assured him I wasn't who he was looking for. I suddenly realized he was saying Judy---not my name. "I'm not Judy. I'm Julie. I'm not who you're looking for." That didn't stop him though. As I turned around to leave, he stepped toward me and said "If the guy you're looking for doesn't show up, let me know and we'll have dinner."

Seriously? Judy--if you're out there. Drop this guy. He's waaaay too easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment